With more than 7,100 islands to choose from, a trip to the Philippines promises fun and exciting adventures that both adults and children will surely never forget. On your next trip to this Southeast Asian country with your family, check out the following cities that offer sights and attractions that people of all ages will definitely love:
Where To Go In The Philippines With Kids
An island that lies in the Central Visayas region, Bohol is a province that offers various natural wonders. With a 261-kilometer long coastline, it is home to several white sand beaches with pristine waters and thriving marine ecosystem.
Among its top tourist attractions are the:
- Chocolate Hills – at least 1,200 hills of limestone formations spread out on about 50 square kilometers of land. These mounds are green during the rainy season, and turn brown like “chocolate” during the dry season.
- Tarsier – known for their large, circular eyes, tarsiers are monkey-like animals that grow to only about three and seven inches. They are endemic to the Philippines, particularly in the forests of Bohol.
- Panglao Island – recognized as one of the 10 best diving locations in the world, the waters of Panglao Island boasts of diverse marine life, perfect for snorkeling and scuba diving.
A 450-kilometer long island located in the southwest part of the country, Palawan is another island province that offers a long list of activities that families can enjoy together.
- Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park – a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the “Underground River” is an amazing natural wonder that any visitor of the Philippines should not miss. The river tour consists of a boat ride through a cave where different stalactite and stalagmite formations can be seen, including the glorious Italian Chamber, which is one the largest in the world at 2.5 million cubic meters in volume and 360 meters in length.
- Honda Bay Island Hopping – Palawan is surrounded by many smaller, similarly stunning islands surrounded with clear waters, where you and your children can go boating, swimming, snorkeling, or scuba diving, and see colorful fishes, corals, and even dolphins!
On the west coast of northern Luzon, facing the South China Sea, is Subic Bay, an industrialized metro that features various adventure options for travellers of all ages.
- Extreme Adventure Park – this park is surrounded by numerous trees and other flora, and offers exciting activities, including a hanging bridge about 100 feet over the tropical rainforest; a canopy slide that takes you through the lush, green foliage at a high speed; and a high ladder consists of 5 rungs where you and your children can try to climb up to the top without falling.
Zoobic Safari – to see tigers, crocodiles, giant pythons, and other wildlife up close, spend an entire day at the Zoobic Safari. Home to hundreds of different animal species, the zoo is the perfect place to introduce to your kids the awesomeness of the animal kingdom. The highlight of this tour is riding a secure and caged vehicle to visit the ostriches, deers, and tigers which may run alongside your car during the tour and may even come up to you to get a closer look!